This is an exciting opportunity to join ‘technologi’ the payments software and infrastructure division of NetPay Solutions Group Limited. We are bringing revolutionary change to the merchant service and card payments industry delivering customer boarding, analytics and gateway solutions to a growing list of acquiring banks, payment facilitators and independent payments businesses. The business is looking for a skilled, dedicated and ambitious team member to support the on-going growth of the business and deliver an exceptional experience to our customers.
As the Cybersecurity Engineer working in the Infrastructure Team you will excel at securing our enterprise services in a dynamic and fast-moving engineering environment.
You will play a key role in developing and improving the existing security processes, platforms and policies with a key focus on industry standards and compliance. This is vital work as these services now serve merchants in 16 countries with the platform currently in the process of expanding to 35. technologi’s Revolution platform also manages nearly 40% of all UK merchant account applications.
You will live and breathe cybersecurity in a mixed public/private cloud environment, with a relentless drive for continuous improvement to our technical security solutions and processes.
You will have had exposure to and used cybersecurity defence technologies such as Firewalls, IDS, IPS, DLP, UTM and WAF in one or more public or private cloud environments. Working within the infrastructure team, you will be responsible for threat detection, management and remediation whilst taking an active role in our threat analysis and prevention policy development process.
- Be accountable for the implementation and continuous improvement of technologi’s cybersecurity defences across their entire enterprise service platform.
- Own the delivery of regulatory and standards-compliant cybersecurity defence configuration in an agile engineering environment.
- Build effective, productive relationships with technologi’s development and infrastructure teams in order to gain a deep understanding of the security threat profile of our enterprise services.
- Work with the Head of Infrastructure to ensure accurate forecasting and reporting of project progress.
- Ensure problems/issues are solved in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Actively work to unblock issues faced by the team during delivery.
- Understand and proactively plan software and infrastructure over a period of 3-5 years to meet both technical and business needs.
- Manage project activity and balance this with support and administration tasks.
Key Competencies and Behaviours
- Superb interpersonal communication skills and attention to detail.
- Vision, drive and passion – someone who’s prepared to get the job done, no matter what it takes and reaps the rewards.
- Any knowledge of Apache, Nginx, Terraform, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Gitlab, Python, Java, PHP, Galera, MariaDB, MongoDB, Redis, OSPF or BGP would be considered a huge plus for any potential candidate.
- Highly analytical mindset and deep knowledge of the current and emerging cyberthreat landscape.
- Excellent ability to research threats, create reports and clearly articulate recommendations to senior members of the team is essential.
- Excellent analytical skills and be able to demonstrate a history of success in identifying and mitigating against network-based threats.
- Qualifications such as CISSP, GCIH, CCFP, CCNA, GCIA considered a huge plus for any potential candidate.
- Experience of Ethical Hacking, Security Assessment, Penetration Testing, Cyber forensics, Alert Handler, Incident Handler desirable.
- Excellent Linux administration skills (Ubuntu and CentOS/RHEL are preferable).
- Excellent networking and security background.
- Good understanding of the TCP/IP stack.
- Good familiarity with version control systems like Subversion/Git.
- Good knowledge of scripting in the Linux platform.