This is an exciting opportunity to be a member of NetPay, the business bringing revolution to the UK card payments industry focusing on system innovation and service excellence. The business is looking for a number of skilled, dedicated and ambitious team members.
We are looking for a motivated individual who has a passion for IT to take an active role in supporting our users and systems. Primary focus will be on efficiently and accurately diagnosing and resolving IT issues for internal customers.
You should have experience of troubleshooting issues on Microsoft Windows and Office ideally in an office environment. Experience of Microsoft Active Directory, general networking (Ethernet, wireless, switching, firewalls), powershell, DNS, or DHCP would be advantageous. You should be willing to learn new technologies and be confident in bringing forward ideas for improvement.
You will have a methodical and logical approach to troubleshooting IT issues, be naturally inquisitive about IT and posses a can do attitude. The ideal candidate will posses an excellent focus on customer service.
The tasks you will be responsible for include:
- Provide 1st line desktop support for Microsoft based systems for internal customers
- Active Directory account creation and removal
- Active Directory Security Group management
- Maintain and manager office printers
- Network patching for PCs and phones
- Consumable and peripheral provision
- Office 365 account creation and removal
- Office 365 Distribution List management
- Office 365 mailbox management
- Office 365 Licence management
- Building/Imaging end user workstations
- FreePBX phone system administration
- Desktop phone management and maintenance
- SSL Certificate purchasing
- Domain registration and management
- General IT purchasing
- Asset management
- End user VPN creation and management
- System vulnerability scans
- System backup maintenance
- Assisting with data centre tasks where appropriate
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrable technical knowledge of Microsoft products
- Ability to resolve desktop technical issues
- Ability to resolve desk phone and mobile phone issues
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills and knowledge (Outlook/Word/Excel/Powerpoint)
- Excellent Microsoft Windows skills and knowledge (DNS/Registry/NTFS/DHCP/Perfmon/Resource Monitor/MSConfig/Services)
- Demonstrable knowledge of PC hardware (Storage/RAM/Processors/BIOS/UEFI/PXE)
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve network connectivity issues (Ping/Tracert/Pathping)
- Knowledge of key networking components such as switching and firewalls
- Knowledge of anti-virus and anti-malware software essential
- Ability to install Windows, Office and configure device company standard
- Knowledge of Office 365 desirable (Exchange/Sharepoint)
- Demonstrable knowledge of SSL certificates
- Knowledge of Asterisk or FreePBX maintenance desirable
- Knowledge of backup solutions such as Veeam/Altaro/Nakivo
- Any Linux (Ubuntu/Redhat/CentOS) experience advantageous
- Any knowledge of security logging systems or scanning systems advantageous
Key Competencies and Behaviours
- Strategic Thinking – Considers the longer-term impact of day to day decisions. Delivers upon the requirements of their line manager and the goals of the business when prioritising day to day work and projects.
- Accountability – Takes ownership of issues to get resolutions that benefit the business.
- Problem Solving and Analysis – Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data is required.
- Demonstrates good judgement in selecting methods and techniques in obtaining solutions.
- Teamwork and Collaboration – High sense of ownership and urgency with experience in working in a team to get the job done and deliver upon the objectives and goals of the business.
- Learning – Keen to learn even when there has been no initial experience of the situation
- Customer Focus – Makes and meets internal customer commitments understanding that their requirements are what drive those of the business and keep the doors open.
- Be ambitious and possess a positive drive towards proactive self-development.
- Able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment