This is an exciting opportunity to join “technologi” the payments software and infrastructure division of NetPay Solutions Group Limited. technologi is bring revolutionary change to the merchant service and card payments industry delivering customer boarding, analytics and gateway solutions to a growing list of acquiring banks, payment facilitators and independent payments businesses. The business is looking for a skilled, dedicated and ambitious team member to support the on-going growth of the business and deliver an exceptional experience to our customers.
As the Database Administrator working in the Infrastructure Team, you will thrive on delivering scalable performant database platforms underpinning our enterprise services in a dynamic and fast-moving engineering environment.
You will play a key role in developing and improving the existing database platforms and infrastructure. This is vital work as these services now serve merchants in 16 countries with the platform currently in the process of expanding to 35. technologi’s Revolution platform also manages nearly 40% of all UK merchant account applications.
You will live and breathe RDBMS in a mixed public/private cloud environment, with a relentless drive to deliver ever greater performance and reliability.
You will have had exposure to and used database technologies such as MySQL, MariaDB, Galera, MongoDB, SQL, and replication in one or more public or private cloud environments. Working within the infrastructure team, you will be responsible for our database platforms and infrastructure.
- Be accountable for the implementation, performance, scalability, and monitoring of our database platforms and infrastructure.
- Own the delivery of robust, scalable, performant database services in an agile engineering environment.
- Build effective, productive relationships with technologi’s development and infrastructure teams to ensure services can be transitioned into production in a planned, orderly and consistent manner to defined standards and key performance indicators.
- Work with the Head of Infrastructure to ensure accurate forecasting and reporting of project progress.
- Ensure problems/issues are solved in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Actively work to unblock issues faced by the team during delivery.
- Understand and proactively plan software and infrastructure over a period of 3-5 years to meet both technical and business needs.
- Manage project activity and balance this with support and administration tasks.
- Monitor database efficiency and manage parameters to ensure optimum performance of our services.
- Control access permissions and privileges to the databases.
Key Competencies and Behaviours
- Superb interpersonal communication skills and attention to detail.
- Vision, drive, and passion – someone who’s prepared to get the job done, no matter what it takes, and reap the rewards.
- Any knowledge of GCP, AWS, Apache, Nginx, Terraform, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Gitlab, Python, Java, PHP, Galera, MariaDB, MongoDB, Redis would be considered a huge plus for any potential candidate.
- Highly analytical mindset, able to debug complex database performance issues.
- Excellent Linux administration skills (Ubuntu and CentOS/RHEL are preferable).
- Good understanding of the TCP/IP stack.
- Good familiarity with version control systems like Subversion/Git.
- Good knowledge of scripting in the Linux platform.
- Substantial experience working in database roles.
- Experience in migration between database versions and vendors.
- Upgrade lifecycle management.
- Capacity management planning.
- Database roadmap planning.
- A good understanding of MariaDB, MySQL, Redis, Galera, and MongoDB.
- Detailed knowledge of Database clustering & replication.
- Database indexing, index management, and performance tuning.
- Extensive skills in backup, restoration, performance tuning, database monitoring, and security.