We are looking for a capable, knowledgeable, motivated individual to assist in developing the software that supports the NetPay service proposition offered to its customers and resellers. The type of person we are looking for will have had involvement in building new applications from the ground up based on the specification and requirements although does not necessarily need to have gained their experience in a commercial environment. This role would suit graduates as well as those who are new to a commercial environment although have spent sufficient time learning their skill and building their knowledge.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a team member of NetPay, the business bringing revolution to the UK card payments industry focusing on system innovation and service excellence.
- Required to work in an environment where the data being input into the developed system is highly confidential and will have experience in developing code that supports strong security.
- A well-structured and project driven individual that is able to plan and set accurate delivery expectations and is used to providing regular updates to their line manager on their progress.
- Working with other development team members and software architects for designing and implementing the solutions.
- Keep abreast of technology/software enhancements and how they would apply and would be used within NetPay.
- Participate in daily team meetings to discuss progress with other team members using a SCRUM methodology.
- Preferable ambition to progress in the business as it grows.
- Minimum 3 years commercial software development experience with PHP.
- Strong experience with PHP MVC frameworks (Phalcon, Laravel, Zend, CodeIgniter etc.)
- Experience with REST Web Service APIs development.
- Experience with test driven development and PHP Unit Testing.
- Experience with databases, ERD designing, advanced query writing and optimisation.
- Experience with NoSQL databases (Mongo, Cassandra etc.) but not essential.
- Experience with Message Queue (Rabbit, Kafka, Active) but not essential.
- Experience with Version Control System such as GIT, SVN etc.
- Graduation from Software Engineering or similar discipline is essential.
Key Competencies and Behaviours:
- Strategic Thinking – Considers the longer-term impact of day to day decisions. Considers the requirements and goals of the business when prioritising day to day work and projects.
- Accountability – Takes ownership of issues to get resolutions that benefit the business.
- Problem Solving and Analysis – Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data is required. Demonstrates good judgement in selecting methods and techniques in obtaining solutions.
- Teamwork and Collaboration – High sense of ownership and urgency with experience in working in and co-ordinating a team to get the job done and deliver upon the objectives and goals of the business.
- Customer Focus – Makes and meets internal customer commitments understanding that their requirements are what drive those of the business and keep the doors open.