This is an exciting opportunity to be a team member of NetPay, the business bringing revolution to the UK card payments industry focusing on system innovation and service excellence.
We are looking for an experienced, knowledgeable, motivated individual to assist in developing the software that will support the NetPay service proposition offered to its customers. The type of person we are looking for will have had considerable experience and involvement in building new applications from the ground up based on the businesses specification and requirements.
- Responsible for manual front end and back-end software testing.
- Define and run manual and some automated test cases.
- Designing new and improving test strategies.
- Identify new areas of testing to improve quality.
- Contribute ideas to enhance the specification and systems during and post development.
- A well-structured and project driven individual that is able to plan and set accurate delivery expectations and is used to providing regular updates to their line manager on their progress.
- Keep abreast of technology/software enhancements and how they would apply and would be used within NetPay.
- Participate in daily team meetings to discuss progress with other team members.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- A keen eye for detail and a passion for user-interface design Analytic problem solving, bug finding and troubleshooting
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise issues
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Self motivated and a good team player
- Good knowledge of automated testing tools – Selenium or similar
- Experience of writing automated functional, acceptance and regression test scripts
- Commercial experience in the design, development and execution of QA Test Plans
- Desirable experience with Agile / Scrum, JIRA, Zephyr.
Key Competencies and Behaviours
- Strategic Thinking – Considers the longer-term impact of day to day decisions. Considers the requirements and goals of the business when prioritising day to day work and projects.
- Accountability – Takes ownership of issues to get resolutions that benefit the business.
- Problem Solving and Analysis – Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data is required.
- Demonstrates good judgement in selecting methods and techniques in obtaining solutions.
- Teamwork and Collaboration – High sense of ownership and urgency with experience in working in and co-ordinating a team to get the job done and deliver upon the objectives and goals of the business.