This is an exciting opportunity to join the team, the business bringing revolution to the UK card payments industry focusing on system innovation and service excellence delivering card payment solutions to the wholesale, reseller and corporate channel. The business is looking for a number of skilled, dedicated and ambitious team members to support our customers and make their experience the best it can possibly be.
About the Senior Frontend Developer Role:
We are looking for an experienced, knowledgeable, motivated individual to assist in architecting and developing the software that will support the service proposition offered to its customers. The type of person we are looking for will have had considerable experience and involvement in building new and maintaining existing applications based on the businesses specification and requirements.
- Develop the core systems that will allow customers to take advantage of NetPay services based on a Linux/UNIX based architecture.
- Contribute ideas to enhance the specification and systems during and post development.
- Required to work in an environment where the data being input into the developed system is highly confidential and will have experience in developing code that supports strong security.
- The NetPay software applications are required to comply with PCI DSS Level 1 therefore experience in this would be beneficial but not necessarily essential.
- As a result of the PCI DSS compliance obligation the person we are looking for will have had experience in documenting and recording processes and activity within the guidelines set to us by PCI .
- A well-structured and project driven individual that is able to plan and set accurate delivery expectations and is used to providing regular updates to their line manager on their progress.
- Working with other development colleagues and Systems Administration to agree particular server based software/applications required to operate the software.
- Keep abreast of technology/software enhancements and how they would apply and would be used within NetPay.
- Participate in weekly team meetings to discuss progress with other team members.
- Preferable ambition to progress in the business as it grows.
- Significant experience as a frontend developer in a commercial environment.
- In-depth understanding, ability to interpret and code in OO Java Script.
- Strong experience with highly secure and scalable web development.
- Able to understand business requirements and transform technical specifications.
- Proficient with HTML/XHTML/HTML5, CSS3 and Less.
- Experience with Java Script Framework such as JQuery, Angular, Backbone, Node.js, Twitter Bootstrap, Google Material Design etc.
- Experience with Version Control System such as GIT, SVN etc.
- Considerable experience in developing applications that can process high volumes of information without performance degradation whilst encrypting and securing data.
- Experience with working on AGILE/SCRUM development environment.
- Experience with Mock-up design and Photoshop.
- Experience with shopping card and payment page design.
- Strong experience on responsive web design.
- Knowledge of MVC backend frameworks, REST APIs, XML and JSON.
- Strategic Thinking – Considers the longer-term impact of day to day decisions. Considers the requirements and goals of the business when prioritising day to day work and projects.
- Accountability – Takes ownership of issues to get resolutions that benefit the business.
- Problem Solving and Analysis – Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data is required. Demonstrates good judgement in selecting methods and techniques in obtaining solutions.
- Leadership – Will influence other areas of the business and provide proactive feedback to the Management Team.
- Teamwork and Collaboration – High sense of ownership and urgency with experience in working in and co-ordinating a team to get the job done and deliver upon the objectives and goals of the business.
- Customer Focus – Makes and meets internal customer commitments understanding that their requirements are what drive those of the business and keep the doors open.