We are looking for an experienced, knowledgeable, motivated individual to assist in architecting and developing the software that will support the NetPay service proposition offered to its customers. The type of person we are looking for will have had considerable experience and involvement in building new and maintaining existing applications based on the businesses specification and requirements.
- Develop the core systems that will allow customers to take advantage of NetPay services based on a Linux/UNIX based architecture.
- Contribute ideas to enhance the specification and systems during and post-development.
- Required to work in an environment where the data being input into the developed system is highly confidential and will have experience in developing code that supports strong security.
- The NetPay software applications are required to comply with PCI DSS Level 1, therefore, experience in this would be beneficial but not essential.
- As a result of the PCI DSS compliance obligation the person we are looking for will have had experience in documenting and recording processes and activity within the guidelines set to us by PCI .
- A well-structured and project driven individual that is able to plan and set accurate delivery expectations and is used to providing regular updates to their line manager on their progress.
- Working with other development colleagues and Systems Administration to agree on particular server based software/applications required to operate the software.
- Keep abreast of technology/software enhancements and how they would apply and would be used within NetPay.
- Participate in weekly team meetings to discuss progress with other team members.
- Ambition to progress in the business as it grows.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Java software developer in a large and complex commercial environment.
- Working on large scale, custom designed, multi-tier, enterprise-level software development projects using Java 8 and Spring MVC Framework.
- Familiar with Unit testing, and proficiency in TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Coaching, mentoring and supporting other engineers.
- Experience with ActiveMQ/Kafka/RabbitMQ
- Has a good understanding of OO principles and application of design patterns
- Strong Experience with REST web service development.
- Strong experience with highly secure and scalable web development.
- Experience with database design and development. Able to understand and create Entity Relationship Diagram.
- Strong experience with MySQL and able to write and optimize complex SQL queries.
- Able to understand business requirements and transform technical specifications.
- Proficient with HTML/XHTML/HTML5 and CSS.
- Experience with Version Control System such as GIT, SVN etc.
- Experience with Linux/UNIX distributions such as Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS etc.
- In-depth experience and understanding of systems, as well as systems analysis and design experience of a formal software development life-cycle.
- Experience with working on AGILE development environment.
- Degree level education (Preferably in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics).
Competencies and Behaviours
- Strategic Thinking – Considers the longer-term impact of day to day decisions. Considers the requirements and goals of the business when prioritising day to day work and projects.
- Accountability – Takes ownership of issues to get resolutions that benefit the business.
- Problem Solving and Analysis – Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data is required. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques in obtaining solutions.
- Leadership – Will influence other areas of the business and provide proactive feedback to the Management Team.
- Teamwork and Collaboration – High sense of ownership and urgency with experience in working in and coordinating a team to get the job done and deliver upon the objectives and goals of the business.
- Customer Focus – Makes and meets internal customer commitments understanding that their requirements are what drive those of the business and keep the doors open.