This is an exciting opportunity to be a team member of technologi, the business bringing revolution to the UK card payments industry focusing on system innovation and service excellence.
We are looking for an experienced, knowledgeable, motivated individual to assist in developing test automation that will support the technologi products offered to its customers. The type of person we are looking for will have had considerable experience and involvement in building test automation from the ground up based on the customer requirements and user stories.
- Significant experience in software development with PHP.
- Responsible for test automation and execution of application UI and RESTful APIs.
- Design test automation from scratch using the appropriate framework for the automation.
- Designing and improving test automation strategies.
- Identify new areas of automation testing to improve quality.
- Contribute ideas to enhance the specification and systems during and post development.
- A well-structured and project driven individual that is able to plan and set accurate delivery expectations and is used to providing regular updates to their line manager on their progress.
- Keep abreast of technology/software enhancements and how they would apply and would be used within NetPay.
- Participate in daily team meetings to discuss progress with other team members.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- A keen eye for detail and a passion for problem solving, bug finding and troubleshooting
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise issues
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Self motivated and a good team player.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in test automation.
- Experience of building complex test automation frameworks from scratch.
- Experience of API testing automation using mock data.
- Good knowledge of test automation frameworks e.g. Selenium, Codeception, Robotframework, Cucumber, TestNG, AssertJ or similar
- Experience of performance and stress testing.
- Experience of designing comprehensive test cases and scripts from business rules/functional requirements.
- Have a degree in software engineering, computer science or similar discipline.
- Hands on coding/scripting experience using Java, PHP, Python.
Key Competencies and Behaviours
- Strategic Thinking – Considers the longer-term impact of day to day decisions. Considers the requirements and goals of the business when prioritising day to day work and projects.
- Accountability – Takes ownership of issues to get resolutions that benefit the business.
- Problem Solving and Analysis – Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data is required.
- Demonstrates good judgement in selecting methods and techniques in obtaining solutions.
- Teamwork and Collaboration – High sense of ownership and urgency with experience in working in and co-ordinating a team to get the job done and deliver upon the objectives and goals of the business.