We are looking for a capable, knowledgeable, motivated individual to assist in developing the software that supports the NetPay service proposition offered to its customers and resellers. The type of person we are looking for will have had involvement in building new applications and in maintaining exiting application with day-to-day management of multiple development teams.
- Day to day management of the multiple software development team that is led by senior developers.
- Delivering functionalities / new features for new and exciting customers according to direction of Development Director.
- Motivating, coaching, and identifying the training needs of the development team, in particular the junior developers.
- Achieving a full understanding our solutions and products.
- Working closely with software architect, business analysis and quality assurance team to define/estimate development road map and delivery on time successfully.
- Analysing software requirements and participate in design with architect, business analyst and lead developer.
- Ensuring all software is delivered and released to the highest quality standards including testing and security.
- Ensuring that the software development team have clear goals and actions and they are focussed on quality delivery.
- Plan, allocate and monitor project/maintenance work allocated to the software development team using structured and/or agile development environments
- Implement strategies to resolve issues and mitigate risks and escalate to Development Director when required along with regular reporting.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Should have a MSc, PhD or equivalent in computer science, physics, mathematics, or engineering degree.
- Extensive experience on relational and non-relation databases (MySQL / Maria DB), Linux, micro-services, docker, Kubernetes, GIT version control, branching, releasing and delivery.
- Extensive experience of managing complex projects and portfolios.
- Strong leadership skills, with previous team management experience.
- The ability to plan and prioritise workload in a demanding environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Extensive experience with development estimations, sprint planning, tracking.
Key Competencies and Behaviours
- Strategic Thinking – Considers the longer-term impact of day to day decisions. Considers the requirements and goals of the business when prioritising day to day work and projects.
- Accountability – Takes ownership of issues to get resolutions that benefit the business.
- Problem Solving and Analysis – Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data is required. Demonstrates good judgement in selecting methods and techniques in obtaining solutions.
- Teamwork and Collaboration – High sense of ownership and urgency with experience in working in and co-ordinating a team to get the job done and deliver upon the objectives and goals of the business.
- Customer Focus – Makes and meets internal customer commitments understanding that their requirements are what drive those of the business and keep the doors open.