This is an exciting opportunity to be a member of NetPay, the business bringing revolution to the UK card payments industry focusing on system innovation and service excellence. The business is looking for a number of skilled, dedicated and ambitious team members.
We are looking for an experienced, knowledgeable, motivated individual to assist in building and maintaining the infrastructure that supports the NetPay service proposition offered to its customers. The type of person we are looking for will have a strong Linux focus and had considerable experience in designing, building and managing Linux servers in a production environment where change control, configuration standards and security hardening is important.
As well as strong Linux skills we need a person who can assist with other elements of our infrastructure as required, this may include firewalling, routing, switching, VMware and documentation.
- Assist in the ongoing proactive and reactive management and maintenance of Linux servers and other systems in support of the NetPay services.
- Required to work in an environment where the data stored within the architecture is highly confidential and have had experience of building and managing systems that operate in a secure environment.
- Elements of NetPay’s infrastructure must comply with PCI DSS Level 1 therefore experience working with PCI compliant systems would be highly advantageous but not required.
- As a result of our PCI DSS compliance the person we are looking must be able to work on systems within PCI scope and support all compliance needs at NetPay – this will include documentation, evidence collecting and a structured approach to working on systems.
- Necessity to on occasion work unsociable hours when maintaining systems, deploying new servers or responding to any issues that occur out of hours.
- Participate in weekly team meetings to discuss progress with other team members.
- Preferable ambition to progress in the business as it grows.
- Able to design and build highly available systems, experience of load balancing and service monitoring is an advantage.
- Write perl scripts as required.
- Maintain system security and proactively support the organisation’s security policy.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Solid Linux skills and experience with operating systems such as Red Hat, Centos, Fedora, Ubuntu etc.
- Ideally a RHEL certification such as Red Hat certified system administrator (RHCSA) or Red Hat certified engineer (RHCE).
- Experience using virtual servers (VMware, HyperV etc)
- Knowledge of services and systems including NGINX, Apache, MySQL, NFS, LDAP, NTP, Git, Postfix etc.
- Demonstrable knowledge of common network protocols: HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, LDAP etc.
- Able to write clear and concise documentation including network diagrams, and change control.
- Preferable experience in building/maintaining broadband infrastructure including management of AS numbers, IP ranges with RIPE.
- Experience of monitoring & log auditing of Linux servers and other systems.
Key Competencies and Behaviours
- Strategic Thinking – Considers the longer-term impact of day to day decisions. Delivers upon the requirements of their line manager and the goals of the business when prioritising day to day work and projects.
- Accountability – Takes ownership of issues to get resolutions that benefit the business.
- Problem Solving and Analysis – Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data is required.
- Demonstrates good judgement in selecting methods and techniques in obtaining solutions.
- Teamwork and Collaboration – High sense of ownership and urgency with experience in working in a team to get the job done and deliver upon the objectives and goals of the business.
- Learning – Keen to learn even when there has been no initial experience of the situation
- Customer Focus – Makes and meets internal customer commitments understanding that their requirements are what drive those of the business and keep the doors open.