We strive to ensure our levels of information security are at the highest of standards, achieving us the ISO 27001 certification.
As you may already know, many businesses need to have an Information Security Management System (ISMS). An ISMS is a centrally managed framework that enables us to manage, monitor, review, and improve information security practices in one place.
‘Information Security Management System’ is built up of three primary areas:
- Confidentiality – Ensuring data can only be accessed by authorised people.
- Integrity – Ensuring data is accurate and up to date.
- Availability – Making sure data can be accessed when required.
Here at technologi we have objectives which we strive to stick to the following:
- To prevent information security risks or reduce to an acceptable level.
- Ensure consistency in delivery of internal and customer projects.
- Support efficient working network and systems for our employees.
- Protect data and information where we are either the controller or processor.
- Maintain physical and logical access controls.
- Maintain and educate employees.
- Continue to improve ISMS based on feedback from users, customers, reporting, incidents, and any other tool.
To achieve the certification, we had to partake in an audit from the British Standards Authority (BSI). To test our security, we had to be spot-checked by an approved auditor who would check the security levels of our employees. This investigation would check the security policies, in line with our IT policies, were up to par. An example of an audit would include undergoing specific questions which could include a login scenario to ensure passwords are long enough and no information is left open and traceable.
We pride ourselves on having an elevated level of attention to detail when it comes to information security. Our employees are solely responsible for ensuring our policies are being followed accordingly. In doing so, our ISO 27001 Certification has been awarded to us with it to be revisited in 2025. This ensures it is always up to date and at the forefront of our minds on an ongoing basis.
For more information on IEC/ISO 27001 (ISMS), visit BSI’s website here.